Wind: 5 mph S
With Halloween just days away, here are the results of a survey that asked Americans what they are most afraid 1. Walking alone at night 2. Becoming the victim of identity theft 3. Safety on the Internet [ ... ]
Are you kidding me with this? The new Halloween time scary movie is Ouija? Is this all you got??
Seldom is an action movie made that is as original, and as fun as John Wick.
This week there are only two major releases, but I think one of them is among the years best.
I have to chuckle a little about what I have heard today in the media, and especially on social media about the state of the Browns win yesterday. Yeah, it was ugly but who cares in the NFL. A win is a win. The sentiment is that it wasn't good enough - and that's laughable.
According to a survey, here are some facts about Facebook that employers say can help or rule out a candidate for a job from Facebook info. These things hurt your chances:
* 50% found a job applicant had posted provocative or inappropriate photos or information.
* 48% said they were turned off by a candidate who posted information about drinking or drug use.
* 24% found information that showed the candidate had lied about qualifications.
* 33% of hiring managers passed over an applicant who badmouthed a previous employer online.
* 28% didn't hire someone because of derogatory comments about gender, etc....
But this type of info can help:
* 50% of hiring managers said they were more likely to hire a candidate whose social network showed a well-rounded person with a wide range of interests
* 46% of managers liked applicants whose posts or pictures showed a creative side.