Wind: 8 mph NW
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. It's all that's good in any holiday. It's just a day of the four F's! Family, food, football and fun! But maybe the bigger picture is, that few holidays are as pure and provide as much perspective as Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving Conversation: Topics to avoid: Religion – Thanksgiving is not religious holiday Politics – Nothing will start an argument at the table faster than a discussion about politics. Family scandals – Avoid gosspi How much someone is eating – Uncl [ ... ]
Big Holiday weekend here and maybe this is the time you get caught up on some movies you may have missed. There are some big ones this week for your home theater system.
Happy Thanksgiving! Somewhere between sitting at the huge, ornate, and fancy dished dining room table, and being spoon fed strained peas and small chunks of cubed turkey from a high chair, lies the card table at Thanksgiving.
Wednesday—it is November 26th and the day before Thanksgiving. It is Shopping Reminder Day. National Cake Day. It's National Flossing Day. Garth has cancelled his TV appearances this week, in response the unrest in Missouri. Said it just didn't feel right to promote his album, with mo [ ... ]
During cold weather, you should take the following precautions:
• Stay indoors as much as possible and limit your exposure to the cold;
• Dress in layers and keep dry;
• Check on family, friends, and neighbors who are at risk and may need additional assistance;
• Know the symptoms of cold-related health issues such as frostbite and hypothermia and seek medical attention if health conditions are severe.
• Bring your pets indoors or ensure they have a warm shelter area with unfrozen water.
• Minimize travel. If travel is necessary, keep a disaster supplies kit in your vehicle.Make sure your vehicle has an emergency kit that includes an ice scraper, blanket and flashlight – and keep the fuel tank above half full.
For more info go to http://wqmx.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&layout=edit