Day: Partly Cloudy
Wind: 12 mph NW
The new high school football bio-pic, When The Game Stands Tall is out this week and sadly it fumbles. You know when you see a ton of hype before a movie on TV? That usually means there is trouble - and there is.
The new teen-drama, If I Stay opened up over the weekend to a decent box office take, but to very mild, if not unkind reviews.
This week there are a few new choices for you to stream or shove in the DVD machine. The next few weeks will have far more than this week, as the early summer movies will make their way out.
Wednesday : Tug-of-War Day (politically correctly now called - The Peace Pull) More Herbs, Less Salt Day Today – 1889 Film is invented by the Eastman Dry Plate Co, National Pots de Creme Day. 1955, First Guiness Book of World Records Sports Scoop: Browns –&n [ ... ]
Is one of your resolutions to save some money this year? Here’s a way to save cash and still visit your favorite watering hole …
10. Get a designated driver. Cheaper than a cab … or a DUI
9. Drink before you go out. Get your buzz on before you hit the bar and you won’t have to buy as many drinks.
8. Avoid bars with covers. A no-brainer.
7. Buy pitchers of beer when possible.
6. Buy beer on tap or get drinks with house liquor.
5. Eat before you go out.
4. Split the food order with your buddies. Ordering some appetizers for the table will be cheaper than each of you buying something to eat.
3. Set a budget. Not always easy to stick to once you’ve had a few – so maybe bring cash and leave the cards at home.
2. Expensive early, cheap later. If you like premium scotch, make your first few drinks the good stuff. Then switch to cheaper swill once you’re already buzzed.
1. Stay home. (Askmen.com