Tree of Lights, with the support of the Klaben Auto stores.
There are 3 ways to donate:
1) Drop off a donation in person until 7pm tonight/Friday and tomorrow/Saturday night --we light the star at 7pm Saturday
2) Call this number 855-254-2819 powered by JW Didado
3) Go online to wqmx.com
Today is Today is the kick-off to the 15th annual Tree of Lights, to raise money for the fine work of Haven of Rest in downtown Akron. Donate in person online or by call the JW Didado phone line at 855-254-2819 Online @ wqmx. We are here all day Friday and Saturday raising money for Haven of Rest...a homeless ministry in Akron
It is also National Comfort Food Day
Cavs – In New York Last Night, Cavs win 90-87 (5th Straight)
JAKE OWEN Cut all his hair off – Looks like a different guy!
According to a University of California, Santa Barbara study, one hour of chopping wood will increase a man's testosterone levels by 48%
Perceptions are if you put on a few pounds and be tall to be perceived as an alpha male. New study says facial features have nothing to do with it anymore.
Birth Rate? The birth rate in the USA has hit an all time low.
Cyber Monday will supposedly be better than Black Friday this year for the first time ever.
1. More people will shop Cyber which means bigger deals. Last year 92 million people shopped on Black while 131 million people shopped Cyber . That trend is expected to continue this year.
2. Cyberis not just for tech. Stores that were offering 40% off sitewide Black had 50% off Cyber . Many other shopping categories will see similar discounts.
3. You need a strategy to save money on Cyber. Aimless browsing and Google do not get you the most deals. If you want access to the most deals in the country before anyone else, you need a strategy and for that, check out the next point.
4. Sign up here to get the deals first. I'm working with a team of deal bloggers and giant team of coupon hunters around the country. As soon as humanly possible, before Cyber , you'll get access to every big Cyber deal first.
5. Cyberdoes not have the same Black stock issues. Since stores are not tied to ad-scans, they can shift merchandise and offer great reductions throughout the day.
Thanksgiving Conversation: Topics to avoid:
Religion – Thanksgiving is not religious holiday
Politics – Nothing will start an argument at the table faster than a discussion about politics.
Family scandals – Avoid gosspi
How much someone is eating – Uncle Earl may be on his fifth helping of mashed potatoes, so?
How bad the food is – The green bean casserole may taste like dirt, but Aunt Edna’s feelings will still be hurt.
Dietary preferences – If your sister doesn’t eat gluten, don’t give her a hard time or pester her to eat just one roll.
Inevitable truths about Thanksgiving ...
Gone Country Bar is hosting a tribute concert to fallen police officer Justin Winebrenner this Saturday, (tomorrow night) 11/22 with the Buck Naked Band (3 members of Buck Naked are police officers and 1 is Justin's former partner). There is no cover, but donations in any amount are being accepted at the door to go to the Justin Winebrenner memorial fund. Raffle items include: A Luke Bryan autographed guitar, a WQMX basket with a pair of tickets & meet and greets for Kip Moore, WQMX T-shirts, CD's, a $50 Pam's Posies certificate and a gift certificate for a Christmas Tree from Galehouse Tree Farm. Donations taken for Mechanical Bull ride also go to the fund. The Buck Naked Band is selling merchandise with all proceeds going to the fund. Doors open at 7 & band starts around 9. There is a Justin Winebrenner fund --set up at U.S Bank, donations can be made at any branch. We hope to see you there!
Buck Naked Band: after 9:00pm
Out doing some holiday shopping tomorrow? Don’t forget to pick something up for your favorite pet! Tomorrow, from 11-4, stop by The Body Shop, located near the food court in the Summit Mall; where they will be hosting a baked sale for your pets. All proceeds benefit the Forever Amber Acres Animal Sanctuary, a local non-profit horse and animal rescue . They will be there selling yummy pet treats for your dogs, cats and even horses - for a donation to their charity. Here's more about Forever Amber Acres
Info on the charity: Forever Amber Acres advocates for animal welfare, providing rescue, rehabilitation and permanent retirement to horses and other animals in need. Though our primary focus is on horses, we do not discriminate against any animal, due to breed or disability. Click HERE for information
Founder of the website Rich20Something.com - has simple rules for anyone who wants to "highly productive"—
-Get up early: You'll perform better and be looked at as someone who gets things done if you get up at 6 a.m. instead of 11 a.m.
-Know what you want: Start every day with a clear intention of what you want to accomplish, preferably with a focused meditation.
-Work out: Whether you like it or not, having a strong body is just as important as having a strong mind.
Add to that…according to a new study, people who sleep in cooler temperatures are healthier than those who fire up the thermostat at night.
- Helps decrease your risk of certain diseases, like diabetes.
- Colder-sleepers burn more calories throughout their day.- Sleeping in cooler temperatures keep you looking younger
With Halloween just days away, here are the results of a survey that asked Americans what they are most afraid
1. Walking alone at night
2. Becoming the victim of identity theft
3. Safety on the Internet
4. Being the victim of a mass shooting or random shooting
5. Public speaking
Other things that made the list include:
· Running out of money in the future
· Government surveillance of Internet activity
· Becoming sick
· Natural disasters like tornadoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes