Gone Country Bar is hosting a tribute concert to fallen police officer Justin Winebrenner this Saturday, (tomorrow night) 11/22 with the Buck Naked Band (3 members of Buck Naked are police officers and 1 is Justin's former partner). There is no cover, but donations in any amount are being accepted at the door to go to the Justin Winebrenner memorial fund. Raffle items include: A Luke Bryan autographed guitar, a WQMX basket with a pair of tickets & meet and greets for Kip Moore, WQMX T-shirts, CD's, a $50 Pam's Posies certificate and a gift certificate for a Christmas Tree from Galehouse Tree Farm. Donations taken for Mechanical Bull ride also go to the fund. The Buck Naked Band is selling merchandise with all proceeds going to the fund. Doors open at 7 & band starts around 9. There is a Justin Winebrenner fund --set up at U.S Bank, donations can be made at any branch. We hope to see you there!
Buck Naked Band: after 9:00pm
Out doing some holiday shopping tomorrow? Don’t forget to pick something up for your favorite pet! Tomorrow, from 11-4, stop by The Body Shop, located near the food court in the Summit Mall; where they will be hosting a baked sale for your pets. All proceeds benefit the Forever Amber Acres Animal Sanctuary, a local non-profit horse and animal rescue . They will be there selling yummy pet treats for your dogs, cats and even horses - for a donation to their charity. Here's more about Forever Amber Acres
Info on the charity: Forever Amber Acres advocates for animal welfare, providing rescue, rehabilitation and permanent retirement to horses and other animals in need. Though our primary focus is on horses, we do not discriminate against any animal, due to breed or disability. Click HERE for information
Founder of the website Rich20Something.com - has simple rules for anyone who wants to "highly productive"—
-Get up early: You'll perform better and be looked at as someone who gets things done if you get up at 6 a.m. instead of 11 a.m.
-Know what you want: Start every day with a clear intention of what you want to accomplish, preferably with a focused meditation.
-Work out: Whether you like it or not, having a strong body is just as important as having a strong mind.
Add to that…according to a new study, people who sleep in cooler temperatures are healthier than those who fire up the thermostat at night.
- Helps decrease your risk of certain diseases, like diabetes.
- Colder-sleepers burn more calories throughout their day.- Sleeping in cooler temperatures keep you looking younger
With Halloween just days away, here are the results of a survey that asked Americans what they are most afraid
1. Walking alone at night
2. Becoming the victim of identity theft
3. Safety on the Internet
4. Being the victim of a mass shooting or random shooting
5. Public speaking
Other things that made the list include:
· Running out of money in the future
· Government surveillance of Internet activity
· Becoming sick
· Natural disasters like tornadoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes
According to researchers, most heart attacks in men can be avoided by making some simple lifestyle changes, which include:
· quit smoking
· walk or bike at least 40 minutes each day
· keep your waist smaller than 37 inches
· drink moderate amounts of alcohol and…
· eat a diet packed with fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy, and whole grains
Autumn is your favorite time of year...and you can tell because:
Your early 20s are the years to go out, tequila shots, make mistakes, and wake up the next day with go-get-em attitude, ready to do it all again tonight.
Yeah, well, that's all over now, Here’s a list of things that just aren’t fun anymore after you turn 25.
1. Shots. What’s that thing where you make the poor decision to do something that you used to be able to handle fine just to prove you can still handle it, and then next thing you know you’re puking in a cab? Oh right, shots.
2. Talking on the phone. When you and your high school best friend went to college, it was fun having the weekly two-hour phone call to share each other's #NewExperiences. Now it’s just like, fuck you, text me, why must I use my voice.
3. Staying out late. I’m still young! I’m still young! I’m still y— And I’m asleep at the bar.Yeah, having got up early for that job of mine sure is a pain!
4. Eating hedonistically. Because pizza every day is and a greasy diet did not feel like death. But now you have an old(er) person’s digestive system and metabolism. Some late-twentysomethings still have iron stomachs, and power to them, Mac and cheese boxed dinners and Gatorade dinners don’t feel like they used to.
5. Complaining about your parents. Your parents, or at least one of your parents, is awesome. You did not know this until you realized recently that you are turning into your mom or dad, and it’s actually kind of great.